- Disassemble furniture such as tables and beds marking all pieces so you can easily put them back together.
- Use the space inside appliances to store other smaller items.
- Use boxes that are uniform in size and remember all boxes should be full and when stacked, the heaviest on bottom.
- Books should be packed flat to protect their spines and should be put in small boxes to ease lifting.
- It's best to put clothing and curtains in hanging wardrobe boxes or they should be stored in dresser drawers or cedar chests along with linens.
- Never store food or items that will attract pests and for your safety never store hazardous materials such as flammable liquids.
- Avoid using plastic to wrap belongings. Use paper products when available.
Moving and Storage Tips